[OM] OM (and other) equipment for sale

Subject: [OM] OM (and other) equipment for sale
From: "Peter Leyssens" <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 01:04:55 +0100
Hi,

As promised, here's my for sale list.  I'm posting everything for
completeness' sake.  The listed prices are as I would like them, but
they can be negotiated.  If it's the minimum I'm taking for it, it'll
just say the price.  If I'm willing to sell for less, it'll say "or
best offer".

For the members of this list, I'm offering a 10% discount on all
purchased items.  As a package deal, if you buy all the OM equipment
at the listed prices, I'm offering an extra 10% discount and a couple
of extras (filters, camera strap).  Small print: Shipment costs are
for the buyer.  I can accept PayPal or European IBAN bank transfers.
Credit cards: PayPal charges something like 5%, and all the costs will
be charged to the buyer.  All prices are based on recent eBay sales,
except as noted.  If you want to see pictures, please ask them, I can
make them available in the coming week.  The deadline for these sales
will be Wednesday 5th of December, I will post all sales results on
Thursday 6th.  Please reply in a personal e-mail if you are interested
in one or more of the items.  All comments on pricing, conditions,
etc. are welcome in personal e-mail too.

Here we go.

Olympus OM series
BODIES incl. Body cap or 50/1.8

OM-4T body      €75,00 or best offer
A real beater (2/10) !  It's missing the front flash sync cover and
the motor drive cover.  Most of the top and bottom covers show heavy
duty wear, particularly around the strap lugs.  It's also missing the
LED cover of the self timer (taped over).  There's even worse news:
focussing is off, so the camera needs a very good CLA.  But the inside
is pristine and all shutter speeds (incl. mechanical 60&B) and the
light meter work great.  Self timer and sound, despite the broken
cover, work nicely.  So a good CLA and you'll have a body that nobody
will want to steal, but that works like new !  The price is way below
the eBay minimum recent sale price, because focusing is defective.
I'm sorry to see this one go because it used to be my favourite body,
but I'm also not willing to spend the money for a CLA myself, so I
decided it belongs in the hands of somebody who wants to restore its
working order to its former glory and use it like it's supposed to be
used.

OM-3 body       Not for sale except if a very good price is offered (>€700)
Overall quite a decent body, though there's usual wear&tear on the
outside, particularly where the strap lugs are.  Mechanically perfect:
8/10.

LENSES all incl. 2 lens caps

F.Zuiko 50/f1.8 serno 616442
You'll get this lens as a body cap when you buy a body :)  Most
recently used as a loupe, so it's gathered some dust, but glass is
clear.  Smooth focusing.  I remember the diaphragm was sticky
sometimes, but I can't reproduce that problem now.  Anyway, because of
this and a little bit of dust: 6/10.

Zuiko MC 28/f2.8 serno 144618   €10,00 or best offer
Smooth focusing, smooth diaphragm, external condition okay: 8/10.

Zuiko 75-150/f4 serno 451307    €60,00 or best offer
Smooth focusing, smooth diaphragm, external condition okay: 8/10.

Zuiko MC 200/f4 serno 234566    €150,00 negotiable
Very good condition: smooth focusing, smooth diaphragm, externally
pristine but a bit of dust on the glass (doesn't affect picture
quality): 9/10.  No recent eBay sales, so I've made a calculated
guess.  Please tell me if it's not realistic (both too low and too
high, please !)

Zuiko MC 50/f1.4 serno 1000620  Not for sale, I'm keeping this one
because it will be much more value on a future E-body than it will
ever sell for.

90/f2 :)                                        You can get this one from me if
you pry it off my cold dead hands.

OM winder 2     €20,00 or best offer
A real LNIB: pristine condition, works great.  The only caveat is that
in single shot mode, the camera still does a sequence.  9/10.  Iwert,
this one is the one I got from you :)

OM pinhole bodycap      €5,00 or best offer
Diaphragm about f512.  The hole is actually a bit too small, so
there's some unsharpness because of difraction.  But fun anyway.  This
comes free with an OM package deal.

Olympus B-300 1.7x teleconvertor        €30,00 or best offer
This is a very high quality teleconvertor that fits at the front of
any lens with a 55mm filter ring.  It was originally made to turn a
180mm lens into a 300mm lens, but it works fine with other lenses, too
(though 100mm or shorter lenses show light falloff at the corners).
I've used this lens a few times on a 90mm and a 200mm lens with very
good results.  This is the best convertor of its class and, as an
added bonus, you do NOT lose light stops as with regular
teleconvertors (because this convertor is in front of the main lens
instead of behind it) !  In pristine condition except for one small
scratch on the back element.  Comes with its original leather pouch.

As for non-OM equipment:

Rangefinder
Leica iiic      €120,00 or best offer
LTM body from 1949 (serno 47xxxx).  Okay condition.  Some corrosion on
the left hand side.  Mechanically okay.  CLA'd a year ago by Will from
Camera-Service (The Netherlands), though the very slow shutter speeds
seem inaccurate (1/4s=about 1/30s, 1/2s=about 1/4s, 1s=about 3/4s).
This was discussed with Will and fell under guarantee, but I never got
round to sending the camera back to him for a second repair.  Includes
take-up spool and original leather case.

Leica Summaron 35/f3.5  €160,00
Only for sale for a good price.  Serno 116xxxx, with Leica lens cap :
good external condition, glass looks okay, possibly with a very light
fog.

Zorki Industar-22 5cm/f3.5 collapsible  for free with the Leica body,
or best offer
Serno 506xxxx: good external condition, collapses smoothly, glass is clear

Other equipment
Zenit TTL with Helios f2.0 lens €5,00 or best offer
Zenit TTL reflex camera with Helios-44M-4 58/f2.0 lens and original
leather case.  Overall okay condition.  Lens: good condition, some
dust but glass is clear and diaphragm and focusing work smoothly.
Body: shutter speeds work accurately and the light meter was repaired
2 years ago, leather peeling at the edges, focusses inaccurately.

Leningrad 4 light meter €3,00 or best offer
Very basic and easy to use light meter. Doesn't use batteries, and the
metering cell is still accurate.  Extremely small and practical (about
6x4x1,5cm).  Includes carrying belt and leather pouch.  Range:
diaphragm f1.4-f22, shutter time 1/1000-8s, sensitivity 6-30 DIN or
4-1000 GOST (=about 4-1200 ASA/ISO.  Most films show DIN or ISO
nowadays.)

Minolta TC-1 luxury camera      €400,00
Minolta TC-1 luxury pocket camera: the smallest 35mm camera ever made
!  Semi-professional compact camera that offers lots of control over
the picture (diaphragm priority, spot metering, semi-manual).
Gorgeous retro look !  Offers one of the best 28mm fixed lenses on any
35mm camera.  Doesn't use a real diaphragm, but a set of rings to
guarantee best lens performance.  Worked fine last time it was tested,
but I don't a battery handy now (takes a standard K123LA lithium
battery).  Pristine condition, except where the wrist wrap attaches to
the camera.  Comes with original leather belt pouch.

Have fun bidding :)

Peter.