[OM] Re: Flash for E-410 with 11-22

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash for E-410 with 11-22
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:35:08 -0500
Put a T-32 on a Stroboframe QuickFlip 350 flash bracket.  Shoot in
manual (or, ahem, auto) mode.  It will work just as well (and likely
better) and cost you a lot less.  Lots of other low cost options too
from Sunpak and Vivitar.

We used to have off-the-film TTL for both ambient and flash exposure.
That doesn't exist any more for any digital camera including Olympus.
Digital sensors are too shiny and reflective for off-the-sensor TTL.
Canyon (and I assume all the others as well) are still trying to figure
out how to make it work (reliably).  The latest Canyon flash unit (the
580EX II) has quietly re-introduced flash controlled auto mode.  Same
thing as you find in the T-32 and the Vivitar 283 going back to the
70's.  Quietly, I say.  You won't find that feature listed in the specs
on Canyon's web site.

Dr. Flash