[OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:00:27 -0700

Moose wrote:
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
>> If you're a Mac user then PS Elements 4 is the last available and it
>> doesn't have 'Liquify', a very useful tool for 'shaping'.
>>
> I've never used it, guess now I'll have to try it out.
>
> PSE6 for Windoze doesn't seem to have layers, masks, filters, etc.
> Although it could have almost anything, as the Adobe site only
> rhapsodizes about rudimentary organizer, photo sharing, creating scrap
> books with artily crooked images mixed on the page and mix and match
> "best shot" stuff.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me crazy. I don't want all of that
"extra" stuff. Just want to be able to make the edits I choose to make,
and be done with it.
PSE1.0 has layers, you can trick it into making masks, it has filters.
And I have some plug-ins for it, so I have masks, channel mixer,
selective color, and curves.

> Ah, I found a fuller feature list. The Healing Brushes and Clone tool
> are there; looks much improved over the last one I tried (2?, 3?). But
> still missing crucial tools for serious work.

OK, PSE1.0 has the clone tool, God knows I use it all the time.
But I do not have a healing brush.
Candace