[OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:37:22 +1100
Yeah? I think I made the eyes just a little too large and forgot to
put the catchlights back in, such as they were but sorry that chin
had to go! (Not to mention the teeth). This is not something I'd do
for a client I think but it's the norm for publication where models
are reshaped as a matter of course.
I'd tend to photograph this shape of face from a little above rather
than below as here,  to shorten the chin - but then that would
lengthen her nose.

Scary though?
What is scary is that this level of manipulation is possible at all.
Repairing a complexion is only the beginning and adjusting a face and
body shape is a real challenge - and strange fun too.
Lot's of chat about Gaussian blur - I think it a bit aggressive. The
regular blur tool gives a quite adequate soft make-up look to my way
of thinking so long as serious blemishes have been removed first.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx