[OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:39:45 -0800
swisspace wrote:
> Christmas is on its way and my request for a decent tripod head from my
> wife surprisingly didn't drop to the floor, I have shortlisted the above
> head
I haven't played with a hydrostatic head, but however activated, it's
still a ball head. St. Walt turned me onto the geared heads, and I can't
see ever buying another ball head.

Check out the 3275 (410). It may look awkward to move rapidly, but it
isn't. The QR plates are odd, but cheap and sturdy. Or you can put
another QR system on their plate and just leave it permanently attached
to the head. I'm using Cullmann QR base and plates.
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Misc/CullmanQR/>

The simplicity and precision of framing with a geared head is a revelation.

Moose