[OM] Re: Flash for E-410 with 11-22

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash for E-410 with 11-22
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:03:39 -0800 (PST)
Chuck,
        although in general I agree, manual or auto flash mode is often the way
to go, I do use
the "TTL" mode sometimes as described: a room Fill via remote counting trigger,
with a  dialed in
compensation so the high lights aren't blown out on TTL.  This can work better
than Auto flash
with special purpose lenses (eg close up) or when using longer lenses, where
the auto flash sensor
is too wide an angle or has parallax, as in close up.

I have thought about building a more complex counting remote trigger and
combine it with a ttl
remote slave sensor like the Ikelite ,Litelink, which would then give a
background light
proportional to main flash.

Using the *built in* flash on most digi cameras usually requires a counting
remote trigger,
because they dont have a flash auto mode, and also always do preflash.

Tim Hughes