[OM] Re: OK, before I blow this thing up tell if I'm about to screw up .

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, before I blow this thing up tell if I'm about to screw up . . .
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 04:28:21 -0800 (PST)
It should work provided the lamp is < 200W (!), although there may be a
momentary overload buzz as
the light switches on because when cold it has a low resistance, so initial
inrush current is a
lot higher than running.  The timer could run fast if it is a very old
fashioned 50Hz line motor
driven device, rather than electronic.  The differences between labeled
220/230/240 V should not
be a problem, especially if it was designed for 220V @50Hz rather than the US
60Hz (60HHz  makes
it easier on the 50Hz transformer etc.)