[OM] Re: Flash for E-410 with 11-22

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash for E-410 with 11-22
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:10:29 -0800 (PST)
"If you're going to check and adjust the output with the TTL flash
compensation, why not use
manual"

Making generalisations is dangerous but usually you can get close enough
*without* having to
readjust compensation and then TTL may be a time saving convenience:

Remember, often I am just filling in the ambient with a stop or two below
required exposure, so I
dial in a modest negative compensation to give a little more over-exposure
margin, knowing the
ambient fill is not going to contribute a lot to main subject's exposure, which
is what needs to
be adjusted by "ttl".  It helps that the ambient fill might typically be a room
bounce,or similar
large diffused flash, so does not have inverse square law falloff like the on
camera (TTL or auto)
direct flash.

Tim Hughes