[OM] Re: Any comments on Zuiko Digital 35 or 50 macro? 18-180?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any comments on Zuiko Digital 35 or 50 macro? 18-180?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:24:25 -0500
Yes, they indeed should specify the camera.? The sample photos are shot with
the 510 so I would think that is most likely the animal used.? The "blur units"
are constructed to correlate with percieved sharpness and are not wholly a
f(resolution).? They may respond to a ping for more details as the tech support
have been less arrogant of late.? The Achilles heel of the DXO photo processing
suite (not the analyzer of course)? is the raw converter---the below seems to
be one of the best reviews:

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/dxo.html

I have seen that they were looking for 2 more optics Ph.D's in Information Week
and likely hired them.

They may have fixed the converter:

http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/dxo_optics_pro/exclusive_features/new_raw_converter

If one can't use the converter most of the? elegant focus point
aware?aberration corrections go to naught or the exif data must be put in by
hand.? The whole point for me would be quite nice processing and a dramatically
quick workflow as time is at a?premium of late----not likely to be as nice as
many list members with PS/PT lens and quite expensive.? The new version never
had a public beta testing and appears quite buggy.? Would? consider waiting a
couple months and try the free demo.? They now support Pentax K10? and KM 5D so
maybe they will think about Oly if pinged enough about it.

Mike

Thanks for posting the link. The Leica user group reviews were pretty
negative. These tests seem to be more consistant with most of what
I've seen published and my own experience (Zuiko 14-54 in particular).

They don't say how much influence the camera body has or which body
they used. A "blur unit" would surely depend heavily on the camera
body.

It's too bad DxO doesn't support Olympus cameras and lenses. It is
encouraging how quickly both Really Right Stuff and Kirk are providing
L-plates for the E-3.

-jeff

http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003