[OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head

Subject: [OM] Re: anyone use Manfrotto 458B with 468MGRC4 head
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:38:40 -0800
swisspace wrote:
> ...... I figured that anything that uses hydraulics should be good to go
Touching innocence.

Fifth high pressure hydraulic pump for the Audi 5000CS Turbo Quatto was
the charm. :-(         I became quite expert at changing them. Ah, and I
had almost forgotten the internally expanding flex brake lines on the
911, like arteriosclerosis of the hydraulics.
> , from what I see in the reviews it works well, however I will take the
> advice and go to real store to check some out.

And make sure to try others, including the 410, for comparison, It
didn't become clear to me what would work for me until I tried several
different heads.

One Gitzo that I had chosen based on positive reviews was absolute junk
in my hands, just all wrong to operate. And a Manfrotto ball head I'd
been thinking about had a rough. poorly made rotation lock that
literally locked so I couldn't budge it. Sure, it was a store sample
that had been handled, but if it can't hold up under that, when's it
going to lock up in the field?

Moose