[OM] Re: - Adaptall-2 and OM-4Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: - Adaptall-2 and OM-4Ti
From: "Fabio Fiorellato" <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:27:44 +0100
John, the mount seems not to be so loose.

It holds steadily and securely the lens in place and it seems there's no
chance that it won't fully push the reset button, although I can pry it open
and release the lens without acting on the release tab...

Thanks for your suggestion, anyhow. I'll check more accurately.

Regards

Fabio

On Nov 30, 2007 3:40 PM, John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the mount is at all loose on the mount due to impact, then it might
> not be depressing the button far enough to allow spot to work.
>
> ___________________________________
> John Hermanson
> Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
> 21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
> 631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
> http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net
>

> Fabio Fiorellato wrote:
> > Good morning list,
> >
> > I'm just experiencing a rather 'strange' problem regarding my OM-4Ti and
> > Tamron 35-105 f/2.8 connected to it through an epoxy-ed adaptall-2 (in
> order
> > not to cut the lens-connection pin on the camera mount).
> >
> > Recently camera + lens fell out of a not-so-high shelf with my great
> > disappointment: soon afterwards I tried to take some pictures with the
> > camera and noticed that the SPOT button won't work at all. At first I
> > thought that the fall had produced what I think is the greatest
> nightmare
> > for us still dealing with out-of-production cameras: a circuit break.
> >
> > I soon had relief when I noticed that with the other Zuiko glasses
> > everything still worked as it was supposed to be, although mounting and
> > unmounting such lenses is a little harder, but not that much.
> Conversely,
> > the adaptall-2 with lens attached doesn't stay in place: it still holds
> > securely the lens, but I can manage to remove it without pressing the
> usual
> > 'unlock' button.
> >
> > I carefully checked the adapter and lens mount but - apart from a minor
> > bending on the adapter, where the DOF preview lever is - nothing seems
> > strange. No evidence of a malfunctioning or of a mount break whatsoever.
> >
> > Still had no chance to let the combo work as before: unfortunately I
> only
> > have one adaptall mount to check with. And changing the Tamron lens with
> > another one still produced the same results.
> >
> > Any of you gurus have an idea of what's happening and why?
> >
> > Of course I'll end up buying another adaptall-2 mount, but this
> situation is
> > puzzling me.
> >
> > The only good news is that the 35-105 does now (somewhat magickally! :)
> hold
> > the focus while zooming, as this was not the case before (maybe as a
> > consequence of another fall). The zoom creep has instead worsened, but
> this
> > is not a major concern.
> >
> > Ok, that's all.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you'll provide me!
> >
> > Regards from Rome
> >
> > Fabio

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

The definitive answer to the meaning of life, universe and everything else
is: 42.