[OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 01:39:58 -0800
Dharma Singh wrote:
> Thank you Chris..
> Have those chrome ones switched from old OM1s and 2s; never
> experienced any problem, but now I know I'll put them back on.

That can't be correct. OM-1(n) and OM-2(n) caps won't fit OM-4 series
bodies.

The OM-2S uses the same caps as the OM-4 series. They and some early
OM-4s came with the black caps. Oly found they were getting losts of
problems caused by black paint caught in the cap threads, so switched to
chrome caps. Since the battery and MD caps on these cameras  (unlike the
OM-1(n) and OM-2(n) caps) are interchangeable, both had to switch to
chrome.

It's perfectly OK to use the black ones, if you have them and prefer the
look. Just be sure to carefully clean the threads, cap and body. And if
you have any operational problems, change caps before checking anything
else.

For myself, I simply use the chrome ones. I don't need extra potential
causes of trouble. And I usually have a Winder on any OM-4 I'm using
these days.

Moose