[OM] Moose Monday - Disclaimer? Apologia? or whatever it is....

Subject: [OM] Moose Monday - Disclaimer? Apologia? or whatever it is....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 02:48:12 -0800
My next column is out and I'd like to comment on it to my friends here
on the Oly list.

You folks are the only ones to whom I have written, and occasionally
ranted, about photography for all these years. So I've been having some
difficulty seeing what I write for Zone-10.com as aimed at a separate,
much broader audience. Whether that audience shows up or not, that's the
intent of the site.

Part of what the founders have asked me to do is to stir up a little
conroversy, as that is supposed to stir up responses on the forums and
otherwise generally increase the audience and hits on the site. "Hey
dude, look what this a__hole said. Here's the link." Hey, it works for
some other sites...  :-(   :-)

So... With some trepidation, I took a broad potshot at what I do see as
a general problem on web photo sharing sites.

Be assured, however, that what I said isn't aimed at any specific
individuals I know here on the list (Least of all Moose. giggle).
Although some of us occasionally slip, including yours truly, I think
the level of images posted here is well above average, with some being
just stunning. I'd hate to lose any of that.

So if what I've written there spurs anyone here to reassess their
standards for posting images - and they consider that a positive step -
well and good.

And if anybody from here wants to give me a  good pasting here or,
preferably, over there, go for it. That's part of the point. We could
use some traffic on the forums to interest anyone who drops in.
Remember, almost everyone involved in creating and trying to grow
Zone-10 is from this list. Some even hope to earn some money eventually
from it. They could use your support.

In any case, if I lose friends here or hurt the free play of this list,
it's not worth the experiment to me. So please stick by me and let me
know, off list if appropriate, if I've offended anyone personally.

Moose