[OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:08:59 -0500
I got an OM-3Ti in for service that looked pristine until I turned it
over.  Customer had forced a big self-threading screw into the motor
drive alignment pin hole.  He thought the hole was opened bottom and
allowing dirt into the camera.  Well, it wasn't, but he got his wish
when he forced the screw in. It cracked the inner casting and opened it
up.  Looked okay from the outside, but inside, not so good. He also put
a layer of epoxy over the bottom cover screws AND and caused hairline
cracks in the main body casting (hidden under the tripod socket) by
knocking the camera while on a tripod.  I almost cried.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net