[OM] Re: Moose Monday - Disclaimer? Apologia? or whatever it is....

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose Monday - Disclaimer? Apologia? or whatever it is....
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:18:03 -0800 (PST)
Moose wrote:
> My next column is out and I'd like to comment on it to my friends
> here on the Oly list.

A most enjoyable read.  I liked the format of several random thoughts
all spooled together in one column.

> Part of what the founders have asked me to do is to stir up a
> little conroversy, as that is supposed to stir up responses on the
> forums and otherwise generally increase the audience and hits on
> the site.

Very true.  However, in another vein, I have a another reason for
having Moose write a weekly column.  His viewpoints stretch me as a
photographer and as a person. This is a self-serving way of getting
my regular Moose-Fix without angering the masses here on the list.

> Remember, almost everyone involved in creating and trying to grow
> Zone-10 is from this list. Some even hope to earn some money
> eventually from it. They could use your support.

Very true. And we will repeat the fact that this is a commercial site
with the intent to make some money.  Hopefully enough that we can
eat.  PLEASE buy something.  BTW, thank you to the individuals who
bought a slew of Sunpack 383 flashes. :)  Oh, and that E-3 should be
shipping any day now.  And the books, tripods, software and other
doodads...  We REALLY DO appreciate it.

Regarding the individuals involved from the list... There are a
couple people who haven't been exposed yet, but they are coming. As
usual, I'll do a "shameless plug" to promote them.  We've been VERY
careful not to exploit the shameless plugs elsewhere yet. We'll
eventually get more aggressive in our marketing, but at this point,
we're still building our base of materials, features and services.
Besides, we're broke.

> In any case, if I lose friends here or hurt the free play of this
> list, it's not worth the experiment to me...

Moose, if we havn't kicked you off the list by now...

AG (Shameless Plug) Schnozz

Be a better friend, newshound, and