[OM] Re: My apologies to oboy seller "buybuyieasy"

Subject: [OM] Re: My apologies to oboy seller "buybuyieasy"
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:09:48 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I shouldn't have been quite so apologetic.  I just took a second look at
> the Hong Kong postmark and realized that it was shipped on Nov 21 and
> not Nov 7.  That was 6 weeks after i returned the original product and
> after several more inquiries and two weeks after they finally responded
> to a threat of negative feedback and asked for my mailing address.

I think it may help to visualize these sellers not as 'real' businesses,
but as individuals working a second job for supplemental income. As
such, their time, energy and knowledge is limited and their ability to
get thing done affected by the vagaries of their lives.
> Anyhow, it's definitely "jinfinance" for the future.

If he doesn't have what you want listed, just drop him a line. When I
was ordering the X-Y rail, I also wanted a right angle finder for the 5D
to save on postage. He didn't have one listed at the time, so I simply
asked, he found one and I bought both of them and a 5D remote.

I suspect he and several other sellers are picking items from one or two
wholesalers of this generic stuff and what's on their 'Bay listings at
any given time is just what they hope will sell. Any of the other
commonly listed stuff is probably also readily available.

With him, in particular, I don't think there is any risk in buying
outside the 'Bay.

Moose