[OM] Re: Christmas digital camera recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas digital camera recommendations
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:47:39 -0500
Far from pocketable but a Minolta A1 or A2 fitted with the optional
vertical grip fills the bill.  5 or 8 MP, raw, quiet at ISO 100,
7.2-50.8/2.8-3.5 (28-200 equivalent) and the vertical grip can be fitted
with two NP-400 lithium-ion or 6 AA's.  I won't part with my A1 but I'd
be willing to sell the vertical grip.  I bought it not for the vertical
feature but for the additional battery capacity which hasn't been
needed.  920 grams total with grip and 6 AA's.
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimagea1/>

Chuck Norcutt