[OM] Re: eneloops OK for T-flashes?

Subject: [OM] Re: eneloops OK for T-flashes?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 19:32:07 -0500
Yes, I had high hopes of using some AAA Eneloops in my indoor/outdoor
thermometer's receiver/display which eats a pair of AAA's every three
weeks like clockwork.  Normal NiMH wouldn't cut it because they'd run
down from self flagellation before the three weeks were out.  Eneloops
sounded just right.  Unfortunately, 2.4 volts isn't enough to light the
fire on the receiver/display unit.  I'm going to have to find a
different solution.  Either two larger alkalines or three Eneloops.
Either is going to require an external battery case of some sort.

Chuck Norcutt