[OM] Re: [OT] Plastic repairs

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Plastic repairs
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:10:57 -0000
What a lucky break to find someone nearby!  But not such a lucky break with
th elamp housing.

I would go the way that Tim has suggested with two-part cyano-acrylic gel
because you seem to have plenty of mating surface area to provide the bond.
In addition, I would look for a way to strengthen the repair, perhaps by
thin strips of reinforcement placed inside the honeycomb in the "foot",
extending over the joint and bonded to the inner flat surface of the
housing.  Something as simple as duct tape /might/ do, and would surely
placate Walt's spirit - he would otherwise be upset at the rejection of
epoxy!

--
Piers