[OM] Re: Happy Chanukah to all that celebrate it

Subject: [OM] Re: Happy Chanukah to all that celebrate it
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:23:47 -0500
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Chanukah - I have been assured that it was ramped up so that another group
> could be co-opted.

Whoever put forth that idea that you were "assured" of, must be upset
that it didn't really take hold with any commercializational
excessivositude .

> Certainly it passes pretty much unnoticed here.

Some other countries as well, along with many middle areas of the US.
Hence the phrasing of my original post. Here in the tri-state NY region,
it may not be overly commercialized or forced on others, but is
definitely publically recognized.