[OM] Re: [OT] Single stage snowblowers, was plastic repair.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Single stage snowblowers, was plastic repair.
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:33:01 -0800 (PST)
I just bought a Yard Machines 5.5 HP, 2-Stage Snow
Thrower after the first snowfall. I love it. Its nice
and compact. I think it will handle a Buffalo Winter.

http://tinyurl.com/2kmtwc

I have a small driveway but a fair amount of sidewalk.
This is a step-up from the Single Stage throwers in
which you have to mix oil and gas.

--- Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The owner of the 5-1/2 horse single stage that I
> mentioned also has a
> drive of about 100 foot length plus a parking area
> for four cars at the
> end.  The key according to him is not the total
> horsepower but the
> increased efficiency of the single stage design.
> Average seasonal
> snowfall for Saratoga County, NY is 62".  Maximum
> snow depth for the
> period 1960-1990 was 42".  If you tell me you've
> actually tried one and
> it didn't work I'll hush my mouth. :-)

Be a better friend, newshound, and