[OM] Re: xcountry drive (LA-Chi)--snow?

Subject: [OM] Re: xcountry drive (LA-Chi)--snow?
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 06:53:56 -0500
> Behalf Of Doug
>
> On Saturday, December 08, 2007 19:25, Tom Scales wrote:
> > No it sounds like a terrible idea :)
> >
> > I'm about to make a drive from Florida to Iowa in a rear drive highly
> over
> > powered car (no, not the Corvette).  I bought a set of Blizzaks snow
> tires
> > to install before the drive.  I should be OK, but it can get ugly.
> >
> > Wouldn't be so bad, but I'm making the trip with 6 cats.
> >
> There must be a story to traveling with six cats. The last time I
> traveled
> with a cat long distance it also involved a baby. I finally resorted to
> turning up the radio.

We're moving to Iowa.  I just accepted a new job and am reentering the
workforce :)

Doesn't everyone dream of moving from Florida to Iowa?

Anyway, moving 6 cats this time of year is almost impossible. The airlines
really won't do it, because it is two cold.  Even if they would, you can
only ship two cats per plane, so I'd have to board them here and find a way
to get them to the airport after we've moved.

Or I could drive them.  I have figured out a way to make them comfortable in
the back of the station wagon.  I have gotten a large quantity of cat drugs.

Or were they for me.

Hmm.

Anyway.  2 1/2 long days.

Yeah!