[OM] Re: opinions: Canon EOS body - OM lens adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: opinions: Canon EOS body - OM lens adapter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 18:15:55 -0500
Sounds good to me.  From which seller did you buy this adapter?

The center focusing point on a 5D is a "cross-type" point.  Unlike the
other 8 focusing points the center point is sensitive to both vertical
and horizontal lines although twice as sensitive to vertical lines.  The
other points are sensitive to either horizontal or vertical but not
both.  The center point is the only one guaranteed to work down to f/5.6
brightness and nothing is guaranteed at smaller apertures.  Canon
guarantees that the autofocus is accurate to 1/3 the "depth of focus"
which is a term that was used here recently in another context.  For an
explanatory paper on the subject see:
<http://doug.kerr.home.att.net/pumpkin/AF_accuracy.pdf>

Yes, DP Review says the 5D sensitivity at ISO 100 is really 125 and
that's something I try to keep in mind when using my Sekonic L358.  My
Minolta A1 is also more sensitive than the ISO setting indicates and
that needs a 2/3 stop correction.

Chuck Norcutt