[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:55:06 +0000
It's those user manuals again ...

I should think that you do need to calibrate the weather station for
your elevation, Ian, but I don't think that it will make much
difference.  Prediction is made on absolute as well as relative
pressures, although temperature and wind direction pay their part.
Indeed, a weather balloon and a rainfall radar readout would be useful
as well, not to mention a bit of relative humidity :-)

100m elevation will be negligible, I should think.  Weather will be
affected more by the geography of the place than that sort of
difference in elevation.

Chris