[OM] Re: Oly firmware problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Oly firmware problem
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:32:24 -0500
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Oly just sent me this site which is a direct download (don't hit it,
> or you'll find yourself downloading the 97mB Mac version of Master 2
> instantly) -
> https://emporium.olympus.com/downloads/OLYMPUSMaster2.dmg

On the Olympus site for Master2, if you fill out the information Olympus
will email you these links for download.

Download Olympus Master 2.0 (Win)
https://emporium.olympus.com/downloads/OlympusMaster20win.zip

Download Olympus Master 2.0 (Mac)
https://emporium.olympus.com/downloads/OLYMPUSMaster2.dmg

> The weird thing is that I went to the emporium site and there is no
> mention of downloads being buried on the site - and no link to it
> from the home page.
> There is however something about a 'License Key' - I ran into this
> one before. It's a four field number, while the serial number is five
> fields. What the hell is that all about?

Purchase an xD picture card. This will contain a serial number in the
package to unlock the 3D feature, Watercolor, Oil Painting and Cartoon Art.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_xd.asp

"Users with an Olympus xD-Picture Card and associated serial key can
additionally download the “xD Pack” free of charge. This provides
various extra functions to enhance the photo experience, including 3D
and new Art effects."

Dick