[OM] Re: New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?

Subject: [OM] Re: New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:56:17 +0800
Things are not always precisely written, the author mentioned not only the
image sensor but also 920K pixel 3" LCD and ISO6400. He just wanted to point
out some major spec with D300 are the same.

No matter the spec and price is true or not, it is obvious that Canyon is
lowing the 5D price and would like to clear it up as much as possible before
the new FF camera come.

At the original 5D price range ($3200 starting), it is hard to make a huge
sales. The current 5D is too old, even now selling at around $2000 it is not
that attractive. Making a new 3D at $3200 will not improve the situation
very much but if they make a 7D at $1700 this could cut directly to D300
sales and also some D3's sales.

To me $1700 is a magic price, I purchased my E10, 10D and E-1 at about this
price. If the 7D is at this price range it would be great, I have been
waiting for the 5D successor for too long!

C.H.Ling