[OM] Re: New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?

Subject: [OM] Re: New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:49:14 +1100
That's sensible - but if there is a cheaper full frame model?
The million pixel 3" viewer is a must - I've handled them on the Sony
A700, the Nikon D300 and the D3 and they are awesome, a serious
selling point.
I'd expect better dynamic range as well - the Sony and the D3 are
ahead there.
I can see a 3D at a higher price point than the 5D was as the D3 is
well higher.
And a 7D which would compete with the D300.

On the D3, after just 24 hours, I have to say that the dynamic range
seems remarkable, the speed is frightening, the Live View is hopeless
and the new lenses are superb, especially the 14-24mm. One irritation
is that it has two CF cards and I have the choice of having one store
RAW and the other store JPEG or simply one overflowing to the second.
But what I would like is to save to A or B at whim by a quick select
- for instance, one work and the other personal. I can't do that.
Stupid.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx