[OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:52:36 +0100
Hi Johan,

I too refuse to scrub my sensor or put liquids on it. After having
battled with a couple of stubborn specs in my Canon 1D2, I invested
in a system recommended by a friend:
http://www.delkin.com/products/sensorscope/sensorsystem.html

It is not cheap, but it will last for a long time, and it works
great. This has become more of an issue for me now that I have moved
from wet and clean Netherlands to dry and dusty Spain--the area
around Alicante is basically a desert, and there is construction all
over the place. So it is quite easy to pick up dust, no matter how
careful one is changing lenses outdoors. But the Sensor Scope works,
every time.

Nathan

On 12-dec-2007, at 17:45, Johann Thorsson wrote:

> My E-1 has two spots after two and a half years of use.  They just
> show up
> on small apertures, but I guess I should try to clean this sooner
> or later.
> Poking something into the sensor is, however, something I am really
> reluctant to do, and having read some horror stories on the net how
> people
> have ruined their sensors by using inappropriate chemicals or
> methods, I am
> not really sure what to do.  I recall even reading about someone
> dissolving
> some of the sensor coatings in one of their hapless cleaning efforts.
>
> Those of you that have had the courage to clean your cameras, what
> did you
> use for it?  Is there anything specially recommended by Olympus?

>> On / December 12, 2007 CE, at 3:48 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>>

>> I have not found dust to be a problem with the 5D.  My sensor could
>> stand to be cleaned right now (there's a spot that's been showing up
>> in
>> clouds and blue sky lately) but I've only ever cleaned it two or
>> three
>> times before in 18 months of ownership.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx