[OM] Re: monitor calibration hardware, reference questions

Subject: [OM] Re: monitor calibration hardware, reference questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:40:19 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I use a Monaco OPTIX colorimeter that was part of a larger
> monitor/printer/scanner profiling package special price deal at a photo
> seminar.  Seems to work fine and it handles my old Samsung SyncMaster
> CRT without complaint.
As it did for me on a Sylvania CRT and does on the Samsung LCD. It
couldn't fix the inadequate brightness on an old Sun CRT, though. :-)
> As I wrote above "more than you want to know" I was chuckling to myself
> recalling a story my wife told me when my daughter was about 5.  She
> asked: "Mom, how does the faucet handle turn off the water?".  My wife
> said: "Go ask your father."  To which, my daughter replied: "No, I just
> want to know how it turns the water off."

LOL! It took me way too many years to learn to ask "Do you really want
to know?" when faced with such questions. 99% of the time, the answer is
NO! They just want to know what button to push, or some such, not how it
works.

Their fault, really, for asking "how does?", but they never see it that
way. Going along with them is a great help in human relations.

Moose