[OM] Re: REMOVE ME FROM YOUR EMAIL LIST

Subject: [OM] Re: REMOVE ME FROM YOUR EMAIL LIST
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:03:00 -0500
A lot of towns in Indiana have strange (non-english) names because the state
was settled mostly by French, German, and Polish immigrants. Thus there are
towns with French names like Vincennes, Valparaiso, Terre Haute, Lafayette.
There are counties with Polish names like Pulaski and Kosciosko (with a town
called Warsaw as the county seat). Even in the places like Fort Wayne that
were founded by English people, most of the people are not of British
ancestry. Most white people in Fort Wayne are Germans. As a half Scots, half
Spaniard, I am definitely in the minority there!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design