[OM] Re: REMOVE ME FROM YOUR EMAIL LIST

Subject: [OM] Re: REMOVE ME FROM YOUR EMAIL LIST
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:54:27 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> sorry I'm posting this in a rush. you're right Moose, "valle" is not a
> common word in <spoken> Spanish here at the Río de la Plata, I think due
> to phonetics regarding the "...ll...".

Well, I referenced 'val'. I know that 'valle' is in use in Mexico, at
least in place names. Colonia del Valle is one of the largest colonia's
of Mexico City, and quite a nice one. I spent a lot of pleasant time
there visiting my late wife's grandmother at one of her condos there.

There, the 'll' in valle is pronounced 'y'. But I'm not going to attempt
to explain the pronunciation of 'valle', as I have enough trouble
dealing with the 'v' that's almost, but not quite, maybe, like 'b'.

Moose