[OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:07:21 -0500
Your mention of a closely controlled powerful jet of air/gas suddenly
reminded me that I had stashed the following URL a great long time ago
planning to follow-up some day.  I had completely forgotten it until you
mentioned using the Dust-Off and wanting something better.
<http://americanrecorder.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=10&osCsid=07fa265d8f0291b797302443605d6e8a>

This is from American Recorder (principally audio stuff) but this
cleaning kit ($44) is a set of installable CO2 cartridges for a trigger
controlled nozzle.  They also now offer a digital sensor cleaning kit
featuring this and some liquid and swabs (maybe not needed) or a smaller
CO2 only kit without the case and only 3 cylinders for $22.  I think it
was this $22 kit that caught my attention as being cheap enough to be
worthy of a test buy.

Seems to me this might be exactly what you're looking for.  High
pressure, directed spray with pure CO2 so no concerns about contaminants
from the Dust-Off spray can.  So as not to get confused reading the
description the product name is CO2 in addition to using CO2 cylinders.

Chuck Norcutt

 From the kit product description:
---------------------------------
C0-2 Complete Kit with Pack
Click to enlarge

A high velocity, residue free stream of gas, perfect for cleaning
cameras, camcorders, electronics, musical instruments, sewing machines,
electric razors, smoke detectors and much more.

Additionally, carbon dioxide gas will not break down delicate
lubricants, inks and dyes.

The CO2 is made in the USA from high strength, glass filled nylon. All
internal fittings are brass and stainless steel. The CO2’s body features
six safety vents that allow gas to escape if the unit were opened before
gas is fully discharged from the cylinder. As with any product, always
keep the CO2 out of reach of children.