[OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:31:26 -0500
Well, I know Eclipse is not 100% methanol but I should hope it's fairly
pure at about $10 for a 59 ml bottle.  And, of course, not leaving a
residue is what Eclipse is supposed to be all about.  If measured in
drops I think the amount I've used so far could be counted with no more
than 10 fingers.  I may use it again in the future but only rarely.

I don't think Photographic Solutions ever admitted to Eclipse causing
damage to anyone's sensor... at least not publicly.  But it didn't take
long for them to come up with Eclipse 2 after reports started surfacing
about damaged tin oxide coatings.

Chuck Norcutt