[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:58:31 -0500
On the flight up from Tampa, we got the very front row. The legroom
was grand. We were the first stop for the hostess with the peanuts,
and the latrine was only two steps away. Plus, I told Esteemed Wife
that if we crashed, we'd die really, really quick, 'cause it looked
to me like we were fewer than 10 feet from the cockpit windshield.
Before takeoff, I watched the pilot eat a sandwich while fiddling
with stuff. This particular 737 was all digital, which looks a little
strange when you're used to seeing cockpits with all those dials and
switches.

And the ride is smoother up front. And I'm not obsessed with watching
the engine(s). In the back, I feel it's my job to keep the wings and
engines attached to the plane by staring at them throughout the
flight. Up front, I'm free from all that. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com