[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 08:31:09 -0500
I used to get all kinds of messed up flying, to the extent I took a
25-year vacation from the skies. Just started flying again in 2006,
and haven't had a bad experience yet. One reason, I think, is that
I've started taking Dramamine an hour before boarding. Back in the
day I wouldn't take the stuff because real men don't get air(sea)
(car) sick. But last summer I spent some time out with a lobsterman.
Before leaving in the pre-dawn chill of an August morning, the stern
man asked me if I got seasick. I snorted derisively and told him no,
not at all, never. He grinned and said I'd never been on a boat ride
like this one. Ten hours basically going in circles, tossing over
one's own wake. He said he took two Dramamine every morning before
heading out.

So I took some. It worked.

When I started flying again, I wondered if part of my trouble before
had been inner-ear related, so I took the Dramamine and all was well.
Mix it with a little Xanax, and flying is a snap. And also a snooze. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com