[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:09:02 -0500
But it would appear that Olympus does not like dpreview very much as
they kept Phil Askey in the dark on announcement details and didn't give
him an E3 to test.  They apparently like Imaging Resource better since
they gave Shawn Barnett there a pre-release camera to test.
<http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E3/E3A.HTM>
A google search on "Olympus E-3 review" turns up a fair amount of other
stuff but I haven't looked at it.

dpreview doesn't test lenses but Pop Photo has tested the 25/1.4
<http://www.popphoto.com/cameralenses/4597/lens-test-panasonic-leica-d-summilux-25mm-f14-af.html>
There are some sample images there but just very small web images which
could have been made just as well with a 1960's Instamatic.  Why does
anyone even bother with optical test images smaller than produced by a
cellphone?  No doubt there's someone out there exclaiming about how
incredibly sharp they are.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt