[OM] Re: Moosterizing Business

Subject: [OM] Re: Moosterizing Business
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:05:02 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> This reference from Mike Johnston's blog:
>
> http://www.retouchshoppe.com/
>
> $100 to retouch an image. Looks to me to not be as good as the usual
> moosification and highly profitable. An opportunity for Moose?

Thanks for the compliment, Winsor. :-)

I think his tonal corrections on the first one are quite good, and
others are mostly good except where they are intentionally bad.

One of his big things seems to be the removal and remolding of flesh.
Took at the arms, especially her left one, and her back. Many pounds
disappear in an instant and the line of her back becomes a smooth,
perfect curve. He fixes up noses, armpits, you name it. Not my thing so far.

The one to her left arrow is really creepy to me. Skin blemishes and eye
bags, sure, although I'd have left the mole/beauty spot. The loss of the
tip of her nose is a little odder. but the conversion from a nice,
healthy skin tone to something with a sort of alien quality to it creeps
me out. Oh, I'd also turn the ring light reflections in her eyes into
solid catch lights.

There's some excellent work there, and some that makes little sense to
me. But it's important to remember that all these are work done to
client requests, all are for pros with their own web sites and many of
those pros have a signature look/style.

The busy bokeh in the soldier shot drives me crazy. But if the client
doesn't ask for any work there, why waste billable time on it?

I've sometimes thought about offering Mooserization services for a fee.
But I'm not at all sure I would be happy creating what the client wants.

Moose