[OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:10:28 -0500
I worked at a camera store in Santa Fe last year that was a Nikon dealer and
we sent things to Nikon USA for repair all the time. Minimum quote for a
D-SLR was about $400. I would not buy it without a written repqir quote from
Nikon either. The platic bodied ones like the D50 and D70 were never, ever
worth fixing, as the cost of repair exceeded or at least came close to the
used value on them. The high end D1x, D2x, etc. series were worth fixing, as
they still sell for thousands of dollars new.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design