[OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:17:57 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2007 9:48:04 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I feel  the same, but I really was hoping to practice what I preach and
buy  from a local brick-n-mortar.

I agree with you about supporting the local brick and mortar.   Assuming they
have what I want and I avail myself of their space, time and  expertise in
making my buying decision, then I would feel obligated to buy from  them.  My
experience has been that of them not having the products I want  although they
can get them and offering little in the way of expertise.  If  something goes
wrong with a digital camera, it is going back to the manufacturer  and not to a
local camera store for their technician to mess around trying to  fix.

My local store does provide me with consumables such as paper, film, ink,
mounting supplies, publications, new parts and pieces and sometimes a piece or
two of used camera gear.   If they are within a few percentage points  of my
price through other distribution methods, I'll buy my big ticket items  from
them.  My experience is that the spread is often 20% or more, which  for me is
high price to pay for putting my fingerprints on their demo  equipment.

Bill Barber