[OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus E-3 hands-on: where?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:06:17 -0800
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
On 17-Dec-07, at 20:19, James Olson wrote:

> they had E-3's in downtown Portland at The Shutterbug on 501 SW
> Broadway a week
> ago.  I held it, played with it....
>
> Talk to a guy named Artie Gunderson.  Niced camera salesman I've
> talked to.....
>
> Also, another guy came in as I was leaving asking about the E3.  The
> salesman said
> they've been selling well.......
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks, James! The downtown store didn't have them, but they offered
to have it by 4pm. I couldn't wait (heading home in five hours), then
they said that it was coming from their Hillsboro store, so I just
went there and picked it up!

The sales guy there was very nice and knowledgeable, and an Olympus
fan. He said he started photography with an OM-1 when he was six years
old, and now has an E-330, lusting after the E-3. He said they've
gotten three of them, one at a time, and each was sold within a couple
days. The one I got had been there less than 24 hours.

Anyone else seeking the E-3 in the Portland area should check out
Shutterbug at Tannesbourne Mall, Hillsboro.