[OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:04:37 -0400

> The Matrix is, in a word, unpleasant to drive - a case where a great
> concept is spoiled by execution. It has: terrible gear change, poorly
> designed clutch pedal, weird front suspension geometry/steering, a
> gutless, rough engine (neither bottom end torque nor top end), and a
> stiff suspension that does a better job of transmitting bumps etc than
> damping them. On the other hand, its interior space is quite functional
> and the brakes are good. All in all, it is a car built by committee and
> in no way a driver's car. Big mistake to get it, and can't wait to get
> rid of it (without losing too much $$)
>
> End of rant!
>
> Martin

I have the Vibe, the Pontiac branded Matrix. Mine is automatic, so I can't
comment about the gear shift. The engine is gutless, but then if I'm not
mistaken it is the same 1.8 litre engine as in the Corolla, so one wouldn't
expect too much in performance. It does give me about 37 to 38 mpg (Imp.
gal), even in winter driving. I tried mine just a few days ago. The back
seat is not very comfy, or at least that is what my daughter says. I
wouldn't know, as I'm never back there and don't plan to be until I'm too
feeble to drive myself, which may not be too far away. Everything works
well, but then it has only 39,000 kms on it. Most any car now works well
when basically new. As far as being fun to drive, well, it is basic
transportation. I'd still sooner drive my old Chevy Tracker most places.

Wayne