[OM] Re: [OT] Toyota reliability, was: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Toyota reliability, was: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:01:44 -0800
CR has gotten a little better I think, but they have always
represented Joe Average in their approach to testing. Decade after
decade a low priced Chevy four door sedan was picked as the ideal car
with no clue about what enthusiasts might care about. The OM cameras
were down rated because their controls were different than others.
Different is bad and difficult. Sometimes they just lack of knowledge
of features and the market place as with their computer tests. I might
take their advice for an ordinary household item, maybe. Remembering
that dog of a best buy vacuum cleaner I bought on their recommendation.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA