[OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Broken DSLR - worth repairing?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:37:34 -0500
That vintage is damn near indestructible. Still some here in Maine.
Buckets of rust running like well-oiled machines. We had one of the
old Loyale wagons for several years, put many miles on it, and long
about 125,000 things started breaking down. The fellow who did my car
work said not to worry. Put a grand or two into, he said, and it'll
go another 100K easy. (I'm trying to remember what model year it was.
91? 89? Not sure now. Anyway, we put $900 into it, and within a week
a friend of my son's stole the damn thing and put it in Damariscotta
Lake. No one hurt, but it wasn't very cheery being called by the
police at 4 a.m. because they'd found our car in the lake. It took a
while to locate our son, as he was sleeping off a drunk at the
offending friend's house (where we had no idea he'd be).

I'm sure if not for that fateful night, we'd still be driving that
old Loyale.

I just don't think the newer models are up to snuff. But that's just me.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com