[OM] Re: Now seems to be car quality, was Broken DSLR - worth repairing?

Subject: [OM] Re: Now seems to be car quality, was Broken DSLR - worth repairing? - long
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:43:30 -0500
The Capri was sold both in the UK and in Mainland Europe. German built
versions had a 2.8 V6 (IIRC) whereas the Brit version had a 3.0 V6. The
smaller engined versions (with inline 4 engines were pretty similar).
For obvious reasons, the North American versions were German built. Came
with the 1.6 SOHC "Mexico" engine or the German V6. However, by the time
the 5mph bumpers and anti-pollution were added, the V6 was essentially
neutered.

For driving, it had a long hood/bonnet and was tail happy. Even in NA
trim, the V6 cruised along nicely at over legal speeds on the highway.

Had both a 4 and a V6.

Martin