[OM] Re: Reviewing, was Now seems to be car quality, was Broken DSLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Reviewing, was Now seems to be car quality, was Broken DSLR
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:06:29 +1100
That looks like the classic retread the press release stuff.
He'll have no trouble staying at the top of the list for a loan of
the next model.

I remember with joy a restaurant reviewer who wrote for a satirical
weekly. He always paid for his meal like a regular customer, no-one
knew what he looked like and his reviews were almost uniformly
condemnatory. Accuracy saved him from action but he only wrote about
10% positive and the negatives were delicious.
Unfortunately he wrote a rare positive on my favorite Malaysian
restaurant and within a couple of months, the place was packed and
the prices significantly higher.
I don't think you can get away with it now - one reviewer here was
sued successfully for claiming that his grilled lobster was both
burnt and cold.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx