[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:19:42 +1100
The Sony A700, Nikon D3 and D300 have near-million pixel 3" screens.
(920K). These should filter down to mere mortals in the near future,
at least on premium compacts. They are quite simply, delicious. You
can see the difference in an enlarged crop in the D3 preview of the
D3. It's hard to convey just how sweet the images look on them.
I am not aware of any difficulties at present but then, this is
season of flood and thunderstorm here and there isn't too much bright
sunlight. No trouble seeing images on them in lightning flashes though.
Of course, I'm not bothering with Live Mode on the D3 so I don't need
the screen to compose. I haven't been aware of any difficulty when
reviewing but I normally seek shade and I'm too bust going, "Oh WOW!"
I guess this is my way of saying that I've still got the D3, 24-70mm
and 14-24mm as Nikon seems to have forgotten to request its return
before close of business for some silly, pagan ritual and I are just
about as happy as a porker in a mud spa about that. (Squeal, grunt,
wallow).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx