[OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas camera wish list
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 06:46:29 -0500
Back in the days before electricity, while at university, Esteemed
Wife and I rented part of an old farmhouse on a working farm. Less
than 100 yards behind the house was the sty. (The farm was still
working while the house had moved on to become a rental property.) I
came to appreciate my bacon more and more the longer I lived on a pig
farm. There's nothing like being roused at 4 a.m. by pigs having sex.
It sounds like small children being disemboweled. Or having the
neighbor wake one in the middle of the night because a sow escaped
the pen and is recreating the Western Front on our front lawn in her
search for whatever it is that causes sows to dig trenches. (No
truffles in Chatham County, NC.) Of course there is something to be
said for getting stoned out of one's mind and chasing piglets around
the barnyard. <g>

Bob Whitmire
Bacon Connoisseur since 1948
www.bwp33.com