[OM] Re: Camera for Bolivia [was Christmas camera wish list]

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera for Bolivia [was Christmas camera wish list]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 17:20:10 -0500
I think the answer is probably pretty simple.  The guy responsible for
the decision is still in a position of authority.

I can recall reading the xD announcement and thinking that it was really
senseless.  It had no onboard EIDE controller like a CF card and really
penalized Oly cameras that used it since their capability was limited to
the controller built into the camera.  As technology marched on with
increased storage capacity the camera stayed behind.  Not smart.  If
you're going to champion a new standard it better be better than the
old.  Hmmm.  That statement probably has other implications.

Chuck Norcutt