[OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:44:32 -0500

On 12/22/07 5:34 PM, "Dharma Singh" <dharmasingh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
> I think the 35-80, which I own already 10 years, is a wonderful zoom for
> colour, but somehow I don't appreciate it for b&w.
> The 85, 90 & 100 are not common and  don't come cheap in The Netherlands and
> when they're  available for Europe on eB*y of sellers from the USA the s&h
> are very steep.
>
> Dharma S.

That's too bad the 100 isn't common over there. Here they sell cheap all the
time, but as you said the shipping is high to send to Europe from the USA.
The 85 and 90mm zuiko lenses are expensive here too, especially the 90
macro, but I got lucky on my 85. Someone advertised it on Craigslist for $50
and I got it! These usually go for over $300 on ebay. The 35-80 you have is
a very expensive lens in the USA, usually going for over $1000 in good
condition. I want one really bad, but will likely never be able to spend
that much money.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design