[OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:02:13 -0800
Jay Drew wrote:
>> Any  comments on lenses you've found useful or non-useful with this  device?
>>
> I have found it an easy method to get to 2:1 behind a Kiron 105.
>
>Interesting idea! Does it really go to 2:1? I'd guess more like 1.5:1,
>based on the physical extension available and the focal length of the Kiron
<SNIP>
>Moose

ARRGH, I hate it when I make a stupid statement like that.  Yes, Moose, 1.5:1.
I was thinking when I've thrown this behind the 65-116 tube with the Kiron.
That combo gets you to 2:1 but with a longer working distance than just the tube
will get you.

I have used the Kiron 1.5x behind the Kiron 105 thinking that it would be a good
combo, but when you start cranking the extension out on the lens (which is the
primary reason to have a Kiron 105) the combo vingnettes very badly varying with
the fstop.  I have not seen this with the Vivitar.

Need to hit the brandy to see if I can make some more stupid statements.

Jay